An implant is a type of screw that fuses with the mandibular bone, providing a stable support for artificial teeth. The prostheses and the bridges placed on the implants do not slide or run in the mouth, which is an especially important advantage for chewing and speech. This adaptation helps make prostheses and bridges (as well as individual crowns placed on implants) feel more natural than conventional ones.
A crown is an element that is used to completely cover a destroyed tooth and/or to improve the appearance, shape or alignment of the tooth. It can also be placed on an implant to achieve the shape and functional structure of a tooth. You should not worry, since it is possible to match the color of porcelain or ceramic crowns with that of your natural teeth. Other materials used include gold and metal, acrylic and ceramic alloys. In addition to strengthening the damaged tooth, crowns can be used to improve the appearance, shape, alignment and occlusion of the tooth (bite).
Dental prostheses are replacements of missing teeth. Its main feature is that they can be taken out and put back in the mouth. There are two main types of prostheses: partial and complete. Replacing the missing teeth will help improve the appearance and smile. Without denture support, facial muscles loosen, making the person look older. Dentures can help you eat and talk more comfortably.
The smile design is the result of a set of procedures that are performed in order to establish a harmony between our facial features and our mouth (tooth and gum). Thus, at the end of a design treatment we will have spectacular smiles in appearance, functionality and durability. There are different types of smile design, depending on its complexity:
- Non-invasive smile design: Normally it is through tooth whitening. When the patient has teeth that are not natural (crowns, etc.), they should usually be changed so that they are in harmony with the rest of the denture.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics is the set of dental movements that are performed to improve the aesthetics, function and chewing of the mouth. It is a process that takes some time and depends on the complexity that the patient presents in the mouth, to achieve the right smile.
- Smile design with veneers: Dental veneers are an excellent alternative to achieve a harmonious smile. They are thin sheets of porcelain, composite resin and / or ceramic, made to measure around the tooth, providing a natural and attractive appearance. They can be used to fix splintered, stained, misaligned, worn, uneven or widely separated teeth.
- Complex smile design: This type of treatment involves an interdisciplinary group of specialists such as: periodontist, oral rehabilitator, endodontist and oral surgeon. A series of prior examinations should be performed in order to determine the ideal treatment for the patient and the one that best suits their needs.
What does it really mean to be well? A fashion outfit, impeccable makeup or beautiful hair are part of this. But nobody disputes that a pretty smile makes all the difference. Whitening is a non-invasive procedure by which the natural color of the tooth is changed, usually between five to seven shades whiter, to remove deep spots. This is achieved through a professional cleaning performed by the dentist or hygienist, who also uses an abrasive and some compounds to polish the teeth. Thus, it is possible to eliminate the most external stains caused by food and tobacco.
Resins and Veneers in resin
Complex dental resin can be a quick, minimally invasive and economical option for the beautiful smile you are looking for. It is a cosmetic technique in which a type of dental material is given the shape of the tooth and molded over it, so that the smile looks more aligned and white. It can be used as a cosmetic solution for splintered teeth, separated teeth and stains.
Gum disease is an inflammation of the gum line that can progress to affect the surrounding bone and supports the teeth. It usually consists of three stages: gingivitis, periodontitis and advanced periodontitis. Gum disease can be painless, but it is possible to recognize some symptoms such as:
- Swollen, red, tender or bleeding gums
- Gums that recede or detach from the mouth
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth
- Visible pus around teeth and gums
The treatment to repair and save a severely damaged or infected tooth, rather than removing it. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it, and then filling and sealing it. The most common causes for this to occur are: cracked teeth, deep cavities, repeated dental treatments or traumas. The name of the treatment "root canal" (endodontics), comes from the cleaning of the channels inside the root of the tooth.
Is the medical-surgical specialty that deals with the prevention, study, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of pathologies of the mouth, face and facial skull territory, as well as the cervical organs and structures related thereto. With oral surgery, various pathologies can be treated, such as: ATM, resection of salivary gland stones, dentoalveolar surgery, facial fractures, mouth cancer and extraction of wisdom teeth or judgment, among other things.
Orthodontics without brackets (with Mini-tubes)
It is a minimally invasive orthodontic treatment that offers a cleaner, aesthetic and reliable alternative. Its main benefits are:
- Shorter treatment time (up to 50%)
- It does not cause pain or pain is minimal
- It produces almost no inflammations or injuries.
- It is almost imperceptible to the eye
- Facilitates the oral hygiene process
- It is less uncomfortable for the patient
Clarity Advanced (ceramic brackets)
It is a new ceramic bracket of high aesthetics, small design and low profile for conventional bonding treatments. It has smooth and rounded surfaces and perfectly defined contours. Its main benefits are:
- Greater contact surface allowing better bonding
- Improved design at the base for better attachment to the tooth
- Better adhesion, does not damage the tooth enamel
- Easy to remove
It is an almost invisible orthodontic treatment that works without braces and without wires and that fits perfectly to the bite. Its main benefits are:
- It is much more comfortable to use and has better fit
- It can reduce the treatment time by up to 50%
- Because it can be removed it facilitates the cleaning process
- It does not produce pain or any kind of discomfort
Other orthodontic treatments
At ORTHODOS we always look for the best and most advanced treatments for our patients. However, we never leave behind those techniques that have worked well for a long time. Therefore, you can access other traditional orthodontic treatments such as Roth, MBT and self-ligating.